I don’t feel that I’m reading much these day, but when I look in my reading log I’m doing much better than a few years ago.
So here goes, a list of my reading the last 2 months, with short comments and links to the books on LibraryThing:
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – good fantasybook with a really tough female hero.
- Full pott i hjerter by Svein Børge Hoftun – OK youth novel.
- Steffen tar sin del av ansvaret by Christian Støre Valeur – quite funny book about a young man suffering emotional and environmental anguish, reminds me of Naiv.Super and other books by Erlend Loe.
- Noe i meg er sterkere enn jeg by Astrid Høgevold – very good autobiographical book about growing up suffering from anorexia.
- Tatt av kvinner (Eon 5) by Lars Lauvik – Eon is my favourite cartoon. Cartoons don’t come much more crazy and hilarious than this.
- Nervous conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga – very good novel about growing up in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) in the 60’s.
- Opp i flammer / Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – great second book in The Hunger Games series.
- The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint – good youth fantasy novel. I like Charles de Lint and his urban fantasy novels, I should read more by him.
- Song for Eirabu – Slaget på Vigrid by Kristine Tofte – really good fantasy novel with a norse mythology setting.
- The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway – great science-fiction-, coming of age-, war-, love- and friendshipnovel. I love this.
- Even Money by Dick Francis – I picked this up from the left behind shelf at our Gran Canaria hotel. With Dick Francis you know what you get and that’s ok for a lazy, sunny day.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss – fantasy-hero-novel which is a bit different since it’s the hero himself telling the story. It’s the first in a serie and I think I’ll read the next one too.
- The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking 2) by Patrick Ness – I didn’t like this one quite as much as the first book, “The Knife of Never Letting Go“, but then I liked the first book a lot. I’ll read the next book too.
- Bone 3 – Åndesirklene by Jeff Smith. Good ending to the Bone-series. Great drawings, interesting character and a suspenseful story.