Reading ambitions for 2012
I find that having some specific goals helps my reading, so I’ve decided on some reading goals for 2012.
- I’ll read at least 52 books in 2012. This include graphic novels, short story collections and non-fiction books.
- I’ll read at least 52 short stories (novellas, novelettes, short stories) in 2012.
- I’ll finish the 12 books I intend to read for the 2012 Speculative Fiction Challenge that I’ve joined. Most of those books are from my TBR-pile, so that’s a good thing. I might join other challenges too. Time will tell.
- I’ll read at least one book from each continent and at least one set in another world, another planet or in space.
- I’ll read the winners (novels) of the following awards:
– The Man Booker Prize (shortlist are presented in early September, winner announced mid-late October)
– The Lambda Literary Awards (SF/Fantasy/Horror and Lesbian Fiction. Maybe Lesbian Mystery too, we’ll see). Will be announced in June.
– The Spectrum Awards (usually announced in November)
– The Hugo Awards (presented at WorldCon, Aug.30th.-Sept.3rd. 2012)
– The Nebula Awards (the Nebulas for 2011 will be announced mid-May 2012)
- I’ll read at least 3 non-fiction books.
- I’ll read at least 2 short story collections.
- I’ll keep blogging about books I’ve read.