I saw this at Grumpy Granny and decided to waste some time doing it.
1) ONE OF YOUR SCARS. HOW DID YOU GET IT?
The most visible one is a surgery scar on my throat. I got it when I had a malfunctioning parathyroid gland removed a few years ago.
2) WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM?
A picture of my star sign pisces that a friend quilted and framed for me (and no, I don’t believe in astrology) and a wall sign saying “Always kiss me goodnight” above our bed.
3) WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE?
It’s white with a black screen that lights up when someone calls or text me.
4) WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
At the moment I listen to Katzenjammer in my car, interchanged by R.E.M., Kaizers Orchestra, Tori Amos and Madrugada. I’m a very intermittent music listener.
5) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
05:50, Bergen, Norway (according to my Mum it was the first and last time in my life I was a morning person).
6) WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To get a phone call with good news from a guy called Espen. If I do you’ll know in due time.
7) WHO DO YOU MISS?
My dad and grandmother.
8. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU OR HAS A CRUSH ON YOU?
9) WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED?
10) WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME?
I don’t have a middle name.
11) THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED?
Firefly, or maybe X-Files, or maybe Stargate (SG1 andAtlantis), or…..
12) THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
13) DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
No, don’t mind the dark at all.
14) THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
Kristin (happy tears)
15) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE/PERFUME?
BOSS Woman by Hugo Boss
16) WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark eyes (whatever color) and hair from dark blond to dark brown.
17) WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY?
Smart. More things are funny and interesting when you’re smart.
18) COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
19) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
20) IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
21) WHO IS THE LAST PERSON WHO MADE YOU MAD?
I don’t know. I get along well enough with most people I know and rarely get really angry.
22) DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
English, well enough to get by at least. I understand Swedish, Danish and a little German too.
23) WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT THAT YOU REMEMBER SOMEONE GIVING YOU?
I remember getting a night gown for christmas as a kid. It was nice and I wore it all night.
24) DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
Yes, indeed, very much!
25) ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
I’m not quite sure what that is, so no.
26) FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Ha, ha, ha…..
27) WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR?
Practical, nice to drive, newish, ours.
28) WHAT COLOR IS IT?
One that is easy to find in parking lots.
29) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF EXERCISE?
30) WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
I’d try not to.
31) WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
To say it.
32) WRITE A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED.
33) BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
34) WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL THE MOST OFTEN?
Kristin and my sister.
35) WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
36) HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY? WHERE DID YOU GO? WHAT PLACE DID YOU LIKE BEST?
Let’s see, I might forget something here: USA, Mexico, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy,San Marino, Austria, England, Scotland and Australia. I like them all and want to visit again.
37) YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I find it hard to talk about emotional things and I procrastinate…sigh!
38) FRIES/CHIPS, RICE OR BEANS?
Rice and beans.
39) FIRST JOB?
Summer job at the local grocery store.
40) EVER PRANK CALLED SOMEONE?
No, hate stuff like that.
41) WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
The same thing I do between questions while filling out this thing. Working a bit.
42) IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Don’t want surgery unless I need it.
43) WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS MEME?
Couldn’t really concentrate on anything useful while waiting for the above mentioned phone call.
44) WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ON THE MOST?
Eyes and smile, and for being useful at Trivial Pursuit. And, not the least, for being good at my job.
45) WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Smuggle. No, probably keep drinking my favorite drink: Lime and tonic.
46) WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Time and money to be a full time student for a few years, or a trip around the world with Kristin, or… anyway, it’d better be expensive.
47) HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
The ten nieces and nephews will suffice, thank you very much.
48) WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I’m the one that got away.
49) WHICH FINGER IS YOUR FAVORITE?
Can’t choose, they’re all my babies.
50) DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
No, I fall in ditches watching them.
51) WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Apple on my way to work.
52) DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No, it’s completely illegible and make lists hard to read. I can do better when I concentrate and do it slowly, but that doesn’t happen very often.
53) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
54) ANY BAD HABITS?
55) WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
I purge, keeps the embarrassement to a manageable level.
56) IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I hope so, all my friends are other people.
57) HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET THAT YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
58) DO LOOKS MATTER?
No and yes.
59) YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
I swear at bad drivers, launch sarcastic remarks at the TV, vent to Kristin about boring language in books and hit golf- or squash balls. I try not to get too worked up, it only ends in tears (mine).
60) WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
In Los Olivos Lane, La Crescent, California. One of the advantages of having bonus parents.
Book Beginnings on Friday is a bookish meme sponsored by Katy at A Few More Pages. Here’s what you do: share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments section . Include the title and author so we know what you’re reading. Then, if you are so moved, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and if you liked or did not like that sentence. Link-up each week at Katy’s place.
Here’s mine from Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh
The stars, like all man’s other ventures, were an obvious impracticality, as rash and improbable an ambition as the first venture of man onto Earth’s own great oceans, or into the air, or into space.
I really like space opera, and even more so when it’s well done. I already had high hopes for this book as I’ve liked other books by C.J. Cherry and the fact that Downbelow Station won a Hugo Award when it first came out. I’ve almost finished it and I’m still really happy with it.
Memes are always running around the blogosphere. I found this at Mammaen og havet. I’m not going to bother anyone by tagging them, but feel free to do the meme yourself if you want to.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. How do you like your steak?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Tron : Legacy (ok, but not great)
4. What is your favorite TV show of all time
Oh my….don’t know, too many
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Eh, somewhere warmer than here, but not sure where
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Hardbread and edamer cheese
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
8. What foods do you dislike?
Herring – a lot
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Somewhere with good food
10. Favorite dressing?
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Anything I can comfortably play golf in
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
The International Space Station, or maybe the moon…
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
15. Where do you want to retire?
Anywhere warmer than here. I’m willing to start right now.
16. Favorite time of day?
17. Where were you born?
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Golf, biathlon skiing, crosscountry skiing, alpine skiing
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
22. Bird Watcher?
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Night person, hardly function before noon
24.Do you have any pets?
Sadly, we just lost our cat. But we will have a new one soon.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
I really like the new camera I got for christmas
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A radio operator on a ship or a librarian on a space ship. I have been a librarian on a ship. I’m okay with that.
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Learning to read
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Cat, but dogs are ok to as long as I don’t have to live with them.
29. Mac or PC?
Any, as long as it works and I decide what goes on it.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes! Well ingrained reflex, feel naked without it.
31. Been in a car accident?
Yes, but just tiny bumps.
32. Any pet peeves?
No, I’m sure I’m always rational…..eh…
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
Pepperoni and pineapple
34. Favorite Flower?
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Bought skins for my Kindle, not planned, but they are so cute.
41. Like your job?
42. Broccoli or Asparagus?
Both! Love them.
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Summer of 2008 to the western US. The thing that brought it to the very top was that this time I had Kristin with me.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
As in ‘restaurant’? Stig Terje, Thomas, Sølve, Endre and Olav. As in “at someones house”? My mum, Kristin, Sølvi, Torstein, Magnar, Gørild, Jon Fredrik, Maya, Marie, Carina and Mathea.
45. What are you listening to right now?
News on the tv.
46. What is your favorite color?
Green, or maybe red.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
None! Probably not subject to changing without notice.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. Coffee Drinker?
If you mean latte or cappuccino, then yes.
50. What time did you finish this quiz?